In this post I’ll give you 5 tips to lose weight the healthy way. Start by noticing that our bodies like slow, gradual changes in terms of calorie intake and exercise. Avoiding overweight is important: remember that women who lose between 10 lb and 25 lb halve their risk of developing diabetes and for men the risk of suffering heart problems reduces noticeably. Begin to learn how to lose weight by following these guidelines:
1. Lower your stress levels: too much stress acts as an important and pernicious factor for overweight and your overall health. This occurs because, when you are under stress (family, work, relationships, etc.) a chemical in your body (cortisol) is secreted, and the excess of this chemical will be retained by the body. Now to reduce stress, I recommend you to do things like taking a walk, and a few stretching and breathing exercises. Here are a some tips for overcoming stress.
2. Cut down on fatty meals and eat more fruit, vegetables and wholegrain bread. I specially recommend to increase greatly the consumption of leafy greens such as spinach. The reason is because these vegetables contain lots of antioxidants and fiber, and a higher intake of leafy greens can make your body burn calories and fat. Lower your cholesterol levels.
3. Drink water and eat fiber before meals. If you want to reduce hunger and prevent those pesky crazings for food, I recommend you to take a glass of ice water and eat some fiber (like an apple or some almonds) just before eating. Try it. It works!
4. Drink plenty of water: to feel more satisfied (as mentioned above) and to build muscle tissue more effectively to increase your metabolism, and to remove toxins from your body. However, always remember that no excess is good.
5. Don’t starve yourself. Take an adequate amount of daily calories. Jusy replace fizzy drinks with water. Prefer semi-skimmed rather than whole milk. Prefer coffee and tea with no sugar. Reduce unhealthy treats, specially between meals. And cut down on alcohol and tobacco.
6. Eat less dinner than usual. And, regarding that high calories food you enjoy… have smaller portions of it, and preferably take them for lunch.
7. Exercise. Exercise. If you don’t like gyms: even light exercise, such as a short walk, will be beneficial if done most days of the week. Swimming is also very good.